Report an Accident
All accidents/injuries requiring first aid must be reported to the District - using the online report form is the quickest way to do this.
If an accident requires further treatment then headquarters must be informed at the earliest suitable opportunity - the accident reporting form will prompt you to complete the following steps, if necessary.
- In the case of a serious accident/incident, or one which leads to loss of life (or has the potential to), the HQ Duty Media officer must be advised immediately: 0345 300 1818
- Inform the DESC of the accident, they will support you in completing the rest of the report
- Inform HQ of the accident via the online form. When reporting an incident you will need to provide the following information:
- Name of injured person, membership type, Unit, District and County
- Date of incident
- Activity being undertaken
- Nature of the injury and severity (were they kept in hospital overnight)
- Any external agencies involved
- Who is reporting the incident and how can they be contacted
- Complete the Unity Insurance incident form and witness statements (if necessary) - report form
What needs further reporting?
An accident where:
- Any person requires medical treatment (hospital, doctor, dentist etc.) either at the time of the accident, or subsequently because of the accident
- Rescue is required (coastguard, mountain rescue etc.)
- Damage is caused to third-party property
- There is a loss of life